The most frequent oral surgery techniques: dental extraction, apical resections, regularizations of alveolar ridges, gingivectomies, gingivoalveoloplasties.
Sometimes, before having a dental implant, it may be required to undergo a complementary surgical intervention (called sinus lift – lifting the sinus membrane), in order to get in the upper arch a bone mass with the necessary depth and breadth or space.
The lifting of sinus membrane is necessary because:
- The superior maxillary has less bone than the inferior one;
- There are bone losses because of gum diseases;
- When losing the natural teeth, the bone on which they have been implanted is reabsorbed, through a natural process, reducing the space of the bone available for inserting implants;
- The size of the sinus cavities is different in each person and increases with age.
- NOT any gum bleeding is a periodontal disease. If we experience gingival bleedings, gum bleedings (gums are bleeding) then they can be treated even with a mere scaling )
- IF symptoms are serious, gums are bleeding or teeth are moving, then it is very important to report all to the dentist, because these could be signs of a periodontal disease! Even if there is no 100% treatment for curing this disease, solutions are multiple and the sooner the treatment is started the better
- Periodontal disease, periodontitis, could be slowed down or even stopped, by appropriate treatments, in our clinic
- If tooth extraction/s is/are necessary there are also solutions, such as dental implant, ceramic bridges, ceramic or zirconium crowns, dentures on implant
- Also, gum inflammations, gum redness, gum swallowing are the first signs of problems which, if detected in due time, can be treated with a proper oral hygiene, by a simple visit to the dentist and a professional teeth cleaning.
- Probably extractions are the most common surgical interventions, ideally being performed by the specialist surgeon. In our dental clinic the surgeons have many years of experience, as the dental extraction procedure is performed with a minimum distress and in due time for your comfort
- Extractions of wisdom teeth are a frequent common procedure, which is performed for various reasons: first because there is pain, because of the wisdom tooth eruption, the remaining teeth get crowded, there may occur pains in other areas, such as headaches, migraines, ear aches.
Any small surgery intervention is followed by phenomena common for all surgical interventions:
- edema (cheek, lip swallowing, etc.) for the reduction of which one needs cold compresses for 2-3 days after surgery
- pain for reduction or elimination of pain one uses common pain relievers; gum inflammation, chewing and swallowing disorders.
- Oral hygiene is extremely important for healing post-surgery wounds, with common means: toothbrush and paste, mouthwash, regular checkup.
Such techniques are used only when necessary and they do not require for the patient to go to another specialized institute, because our clinic has surgeons specialized in dento-alveolar surgery. Thus, regardless of whether it is a simple extraction or a surgical intervention, our staff is waiting for you in a pleasant environment, with high class professionals.
- +40 722 61 58 11
- Address Dental Travels
Str. Polona, nr.55, sector 1, Bucuresti
- CLINIC HOURS
Monday-Friday: 8:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: By appointment only
Sunday: By appointment only